CSAA-Continuum Best Postgraduate Paper Award
The CSAA has always been active in supporting postgraduate scholars as best we can, so we are particularly delighted to re-launch this award–in conjunction with our affiliated journal, Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies–to draw attention to, and celebrate, the ‘Best Paper’ presented by a postgraduate at the 2017 CSAA Conference (‘Cultures of Capitalism’, University of Massey, 6-8 December). This Award will include cash prizes of up to $1500, with the winner also receiving mentoring towards publication in Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies.
The paper will obviously be broadly located within “cultural studies”, but there are otherwise no restrictions or preferences on topic or approach.
Papers will be assessed on their demonstrated knowledge of the field, the originality and significance of their ideas, and the quality of their expression.
Applications will be competitively assessed by a panel comprised of CSAA Executive members, including Dr Kelly McWilliam (CSAA President) and Dr Jess Carniel (CSAA Secretary), and Associate Professor Panizza Allmark (Chief Editor, Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies).
To be eligible, you must:
- be presenting a paper at the 2017 CSAA Conference;
- be a currently enrolled postgraduate student;
- have paid your conference registration.
- forward your paper acceptance and proof of paid registration;
- include a complete draft of your paper (no longer than 3000 words), including confirmation of the institution you are currently enrolled through, by midnight (AEST) Friday 3rd November 2017.
Judges reserve the right not to award the prize.
All entries, or questions, should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org