Cultural Studies Association of Australasia Annual Conference 2014
Hosted by the School of Humanities and Social Inquiry
University of Wollongong
2nd – 5th December 2014
Organising Committee: Lisa Slater (Coordinator), Nadine Ehlers, Mark McLelland, Sue Turnbull, Ruth Walker, Nicky Evans.
Conference Theme: Provocations
The 2014 CSAA Conference theme of ‘provocations’ calls for papers that pursue various forms of action, change, or questioning. Such critical responses might be in reaction to global social transformations or the local minutiae of everyday life, and might be incited by creative practice, cultural analysis or imaginings of a more ethical present. Provocations might be understood to operate at the macro level in terms of politics, governance and law or at the scale of individual bodies, artistic endeavours and engagements with new technologies and social networks.
Due date for proposals: 13 June 2014
Notification of acceptance: 1 August 2014
- Submissions will be accepted by email with the appropriate sub-theme in the email subject line;
- Proposals should be attached to the email as a Word .doc or PDF and clearly identify your name, affiliation and relevant sub-theme;
- 250-300 word abstract and 30 word synopsis of the abstract, for the shorter online and environmentally friendly program;
- Abstracts should be accompanied by a 100 word biography.
- In order to manage numbers, papers that speak directly to a sub-theme will be prioritized by stream conveners;
- Accepted presenters will need to register before their paper will be scheduled in the program;
- All paper presentations will be for 15 minutes only.
Conference Site: CSAA Conference 2014
Conference Email: email@example.com