Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia) will offer up to 10 full-time Research Fellowship positions commencing in 2023. Fellowships will be awarded on a competitive basis and will be fixed-term for three years.
Applicants must have been awarded their PhD on or after 1 March 2019 or submit their thesis on or before 16 August 2022 (or make a convincing case for early career researcher status).MQRF23 applicants must either reside in Australia and have appropriate work rights (either be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen) OR if they are applying from overseas, they must have appropriate work rights for Australia already (returning Australian Permanent Resident/Citizen) and be able to get themselves back to Australia to commence no later than 30 June 2023 or they forfeit their MQRF.
The Department of Media, Communications, Creative Arts, Language, and Literature (MCCALL) is interested in sponsoring postdoctoral research projects in the following areas:
· Media and Communications: screen practice; social media and digital culture; media history; journalism and non-fiction writing; communications; cultural studies.
· Creative Arts: music and related technologies; music production; the singing voice; popular music; ethnomusicology; creative processes; sound; improvisation; performance; dance; circus, industry practices.
· Languages and Cultures: global literatures and cultures; language studies and applied linguistics; the role of languages in cultural identities, and their impact on linguistic and literary products in social life.
· Literature: medievalism; medieval and early modern literature; modernism; historical fiction; popular fiction; literary approaches to film and television; postcolonialism; Australian fiction.
If you have an interest in applying for a Fellowship in the 2023 round through MCCALL, please send:
1. Provisional project title and a brief (400-word) project description
2. Name of potential Sponsor
3. Your PhD conferral date
4. A copy of your CV as an attachment including a list of publications. Publications should be listed under the headings: books, book chapters, peer-reviewed journal articles and other.
5. A copy of your Australian residency document – passport or visa.
6. to Bridget Griffen-Foley by Wednesday 30 March 2022: firstname.lastname@example.orgIf the Department is able to sponsor your application, you will be notified by Friday 8 April 2022. Sponsored applicants will then be invited to work with their sponsors to develop their formal Expressions of Interest which must be submitted to the Faculty of Arts by Wednesday 27 April 2022.